Overwatch 2 trailer

Steve

The announcement trailer is great: -

It seems like they're handling this really well too, in terms of not splitting the player base between Overwatch 1 and 2. From what I can gather......
  • Your progress and unlocked items from Overwatch 1 will carry over to Overwatch 2
  • In PVP, players of Overwatch 1 and 2 will be playing together, so it won't split the userbase
  • Overwatch 1 will get the new PVP characters, maps and modes that Overwatch 2 gets
  • Overwatch 2 has a new visual look and updated UI, but Overwatch 1 players will be able to select this as well
  • The main (only?) reason to buy Overwatch 2 appears to be the story-based PVE stuff, given all of the above

I'm a bit confused how they're going to handle the visual aspect of the game. It would make sense to just have Overwatch 2's look/UI as the standard one for both games, then update the skins for the new look, so I hope they do that.

As for a release date, it sounds like it's a long way off. Jeff Kaplan of Blizzard said in an interview that they would be showing more of Overwatch 2 at Blizzcon 2020, which makes it sound at least a year away.

• Like 1