Innobender help (for VCI 380)

djdiggla

Ive used the VCI 380 I got off eBay a ton for gigs and really have enjoyed it. Decided to upgrade the fader. Got a b-stock Innobender for a good deal. Installed Saturday night and flip ongreat cut in but its hamster. I guess there is no hamster switch on the VCI so I took it back apart to flip the fader around but realized you cant. The bit of metal for the bender has off center screws so if you reverse it they dont align.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to solve this problem? Is there a hamster switch on the 380 or a way to reverse the fader in Serato? There is a XY with a jumper but googling it doesnt sound like pulling the jumper would change it from hamster to normal.

I guess worst case I have to scratch hamster on it which given Im shit maybe is worth a shot.

Hmmm, I installed an Innofader Pro 2 last year, but haven't experienced the same problem. Maybe contact the manufacturer as it's gotta be a simple issue, or maybe it's a flaw with b-stock faders. In any case, learning hamster really isn't worth it (if you've been skratching the other way for years) and could be confusing when you return to regular.

Got a response. Looks like I need to do a little surgery.

Hello Dirk,

Yes I see the issue, best option is please switch the green and yellow wires on the crossfader. You can pull wires out of the connector by using the mini screwdriver as shown here:

http://www.innofader.com//images/Vestax-07/bleed-fix2a.jpg

Sorry for the trouble...there's so many standards out there so they're difficult to track. On newer faders, we have an output reverse preset which doesn't require moving any wires.

I swore there was that option in Serato pro but never could find it. Do you know where? Too late now but would be good to know.

Works great tho! Really happy with it. One thing Id say tho is unless you really love the original inno feel then Id get that mini 2 or whatever the other option is for the 380. Supposedly it doesnt feel as good but its cheaper, and the bender part is a little janky IMO. Also the mini2 (?) has a hamster switch on it. Not that the innobender is bad by any means but I for price and convenience Id do that if starting all over again.