mc and dj remix comp

mattnice

Why dont we do a little comp [for fun obviously]

where we link a dj a producer and an mc together to make a tune.

Everyone gets the same samples .And we get everyone to vote on it on the site.

Even though everyone would have the same samples im sure everyone would come up with something different..

Im quiet willing to run the comp.

So What do u Guys Think?

Also we could use all the trax for a little dv2 d/loadable ep type of thing.

This could be the beginning of the DV collab album. If everyone who takes part really puts their all into it and spend plenty time on practising scratch routines, writing and practising the lyrics and producing the beats, then it could be good.

Im up for doing either. Production or skratchin - Just need an mc to collab with.

Maybe $mooth could do the production as he now has his pc setup and i could do the cuts.

Sometimes its better to do ur part on ur own, unless u can gel well with the other people. I've tried making tunes with several different people, some I have made tunes with successfully and we've both been buzzing off it, others I have given up on within 10 mins because their musical tastes are way different. That makes it hard to collaborate. If you keep disagreeing with each others idea then it stops right there, so it helps to have similar tastes and techniques.

Maybe a good way would be, I make a track, send it someone to MC over then send it to Tim for the cuts.

• 2 years later...